About a week or so ago, I came across a “Professional Development Meme” on Clif Mims’s blog. The directions for this meme are below.
Summer can be a great time for professional development. It is an opportunity to learn more about a topic, read a particular work or the works of a particular author, beef up an existing unit of instruction, advance one’s technical skills, work on that advanced degree or certification, pick up a new hobby, and finish many of the other items on our ever-growing To Do Lists. Let’s make Summer 2008 a time when we actually get to accomplish a few of those things and enjoy the thrill of marking them off our lists.
- Pick 3 professional development goals and commit to achieving them this summer.
- For the purposes of this activity the end of summer will be Labor Day (09/01/08).
- Post the above directions along with your 3 goals on your blog.
- Tag 8 others to participate in the meme.
- Use the following tag/ keyword/ category on your post: pdmeme.
- Achieve your goals and “develop professionally.”
- Commit to sharing your results on your blog during early or mid-September.
- Read Influencer and participate in the CASTLE online book club.
- Prepare a statement of my personal philosophy of teaching.
- Design an online version of the IP&T 286 course that I teach.