This summer I accepted a challenge to set three professional development goals. I’m about a month late in reporting on my progress, but it feels good to say that I accomplished all three of my goals.
1. I read Influencer: The Power to Change Anything
and participated in the CASTLE online book club.
2. I prepared a statement of my personal philosophy of teaching.
3. I designed an online version of the IP&T 286 course that I teach.
I suppose that now that I’ve completed those goals, it’s time to set a few more. I’ll give myself until the end of the year to complete this batch of goals.
- I will read at least three of the following books:
- I will present at the AEA conference in Denver and submit an article based on my presentation to a journal yet to be determined.
- I will “endure to the end” of the two courses in which I am unofficially enrolled (Connectivism and New Media).
I should report on my progress sometime in January.